In addition to being an accomplished performer and composer, Shawn is also a highly respected teacher. Shawn is currently accepting private students in his studio in New Haven, CT and via Skype. He also teaches a group class on The Music of The Beatles.
For information regarding rates and availability please e-mail: PresterJohnMusic[at]gmail.com
Qualifications, Experience, and Accolades.
– Writer for Premier Guitar, Guitar Player, and Taylor Guitars’ Wood&Steel.
– Reviewed and featured in Acoustic Guitar, Guitar World, Jazziz and many other national and international magazines.
– Best-selling author of The 50 Greatest Guitar Books and Bebop Jazz Guitar.
– Guitar Intensives and National Guitar Workshop Faculty Member.
– Endorsed by Taylor Guitars, Elixir Strings, Radial Pedals, and EarthQuaker Devices.
Lessons available for any musical style or subject. Even though Shawn has a reputation for iconoclastic guitar playing, he teaches all styles and enjoys teaching beginners as well as advanced students.
– All levels: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced.
– All styles: Rock to Classical – Folk to Funk – Country to Jazz – Experimental to Pop.
– Theory, Composition, Songwriting, Notation and/or Tablature.
– Soloing, songs, scales, chords, modes, improvisation, etc.
In addition to providing private lessons, Shawn has also taught at:
– Guitar Intensive, Bar Harbor, ME. Classes: The Music of the Beatles, Contemporary Acoustic, Fingerstyle Guitar, Bluegrass Guitar, Guitar Theory, Electric Blues.
– The National Guitar Workshop, New Milford, CT & Nashville, TN. Classes: Contemporary Rock, Fingerstyle Guitar, Open Tunings, Beginner Blues.
– The Center for Creative Youth, Middletown, CT. Classes: Rock Ensemble, Music Theory, Recording Technology.
– The Sitar Center, Washington D.C. Classes: The Young Person’s Guide to Free Improvisation and Experimental Music.
– The Music of The Beatles: A broad but focused examination of The Beatles music for all levels and instruments.